|Number of processors installed||1|
|Processor lithography||32 nm|
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® E5 Family|
|Processor socket||LGA 2011|
|CPU multiplier (bus/core ratio)||38|
|PCI Express slots version||3.0|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Processor boost frequency||3.8 GHz|
|Processor cache||12 MB|
|PCI Express configurations||x4, x8, x16|
|Processor frequency||3.2 GHz|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||130 W|
|Processor codename||Sandy Bridge EP|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||40|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|Processor series||Intel Xeon E5-1600|
|Maximum internal memory supported by processor||375 GB|
|Memory types supported by processor||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speeds supported by processor||800,1066,1333,1600 MHz|
|Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max)||51.2 GB/s|
|Memory channels supported by processor||Quad|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Conflict Free processor|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory slots||8x DIMM|
|Maximum internal memory||64 GB|
|Memory clock speed||1600 MHz|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||4 x 2 GB|
|Internal memory||8 GB|
|Optical drive type||DVD Super Multi|
|Ports & interfaces|
|PS/2 ports quantity||2|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||5|
|Firewire (IEEE 1394) ports||2|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||1|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||4|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Power supply||600 W|
|Drive capacity||128 GB|
|Card reader integrated|
|Solid-state drive interface||Serial ATA|
|Energy Star certified|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7|
|Operating system architecture||64-bit|
|PCI Express x16 slots||2|
|PCI Express x8 slots||2|
|PCI Express x4 slots||1|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Cable lock slot|
|Number of 5.25" bays||3|
|Number of 3.5" bays||3|
|Processor special features|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||2.0|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel® Smart Cache|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Embedded options available|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Intel® Small Business Advantage (Intel® SBA)|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||0.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel TSX-NI version||0.00|
|Processor package size||52.5|
|Processor ARK ID||64601|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel C602|
|Audio system||HD Audio|
Performance you want. Value you need. The HP Z420 gives you professional expandability in an accessible tool-free mini-tower form factor — all at a great price. With up to 8 discrete processing cores, the latest processing and I/O power from Intel®, and the latest graphics technology from leading graphics providers, the HP Z420 has the power you need to get the job done.
Featuring Windows 7 Professional and/or other operating systems
Designed With Ease.
- Enjoy the control that comes with being able to swap out parts or make upgrades on your own. The HP Z420 Workstation features a smart chassis that offers tool-less access to the inside, easy configurability and optional optical bay handles for seamless deployment.
- And with optional liquid cooling designed to deliver whisper-quiet performance, the HP Z420 is built to make your work flow smoother.
Enjoy Superb Performance.
- Achieve the highest performance available in a single-processer personal workstation. The HP Z420 Workstations offers your choice of Intel® Xeon® E5-1600 and E5-2600 series processors — with base clock frequencies of up to 3.6GHz and the new Intel® C602 chipset.
- Delivering support for up to 8 cores of processing power, the HP Z420 never slows you down.
Never Compromise On Graphics.
- Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics, the HP Z420 currently offers a breadth of AMD and NVIDIA professional graphics cards from Pro 2D to high-end 3D, up to the NVIDIA Quadro 5000.
- With 600W 90% efficient power supply and support for up to 8 HP Performance Displays, the HP Z420 can maximize your productivity with the freedom of seeing and doing more all at once.
Build It Your Way.
- Build the HP Z420 Workstation the way you want with multiple SATA and SAS RAID configuration options that support a wide range of high-performance, high capacity storage solutions.
- Always know you’re a step ahead with 8 DIMM slots in 4-channel memory architecture, delivering up to 64GB and integrated 1600MHz memory.
Complete Peace of Mind.
- HP workstations offer BFR/PVC-free and ENERGY STAR® qualified configurations featuring 90% efficient power supplies.
- All HP Workstations come with a limited 3-year parts, 3-year labor and 3-year onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty that is extendable up to 5 years.