No price development information for this product.
|Motherboard chipset||Intel C602J|
|Number of processors installed||1|
|Processor front side bus||1333 MHz|
|Processor lithography||32 nm|
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® E5 Family|
|Processor socket||LGA 2011|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX|
|CPU multiplier (bus/core ratio)||30|
|System bus rate||7.2 GT/s|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Processor boost frequency||3 GHz|
|Processor cache||15 MB|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Embedded options available|
|Graphics & IMC lithography||32 nm|
|Number of QPI links||2|
|PCI Express configurations||x4, x8, x16|
|Processor frequency||2.5 GHz|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||95 W|
|Processor codename||Sandy Bridge EP|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||40|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|Processor series||Intel Xeon E5-2600|
|Physical Address Extension (PAE)||46 bit|
|Maximum internal memory supported by processor||750 GB|
|Memory types supported by processor||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speeds supported by processor||800,1066,1333,1600 MHz|
|Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max)||42.6 GB/s|
|Memory channels supported by processor||Quad|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Processor package size||52.5|
|Conflict Free processor|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory slots||24 DIMM|
|Maximum internal memory||768 GB|
|Memory clock speed||1333 MHz|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||1 x 8 GB|
|Internal memory||8 GB|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Serial ports quantity||1|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||6|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||5|
|VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity||2|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Power supply||750 W|
|Redundant power supply (RPS) support|
|Number of main power supplies||1|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet|
|LAN controller||Intel I350AM4|
|Ethernet interface type||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)|
|RAID levels||0, 1, 10|
|Hard drive size||2.5"|
|Number of hard drives supported||8|
|Maximum storage capacity||16 TB|
|Supported storage drive interfaces||SAS, Serial ATA, Serial ATA II, Serial ATA III|
|PCI Express x8 slots||3|
|PCI Express slots version||3.0|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||445 x 746 x 86 mm|
|Disk array controller||M5110e|
|Graphics adapter family||Matrox|
|Chassis type||Rack (2U)|
|Optical drive type||DVD-ROM|
|Redundant fans support|
|Maximum graphics adapter memory||16 MB|
|On-board graphics adapter|
|Processor special features|
|Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) support|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|CPU configuration (max)||2|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Intel® Secure Key|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||0.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel TSX-NI version||0.00|
|Processor ARK ID||64591|
|Plug and Play|
|Compatible operating systems||VMware vSphere 5.1|
VMware vSphere 5
VMware ESX 4.1
VMware ESXi 4.1
VMware vSphere Hypervisor 4.1 U1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
Windows Server 2008 Datacenter x64
Windows Server 2008 Enterprise x64
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 Standard x64
Windows Web Server 2008 x64
Microsoft Windows SBS 2008 PE x64
Microsoft Windows SBS 2008 SE x64
Red Hat Ent. Linux 5 Server x64 Ed.
Red Hat Ent. Linux 5 Server Xen x64 Ed
Red Hat Ent. Linux 6 Server x64 Ed.
SUSE Linux Ent. Server 10
SUSE Linux Ent. Server 11
|Operating system installed|
|Trusted Platform Module (TPM)|
|Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version||1.2|
The IBM® System x3650 M4 server provides outstanding performance for your business-critical applications. Its energy-efficient design supports more cores, memory, and data capacity in a scalable 2U package that is easy to service and manage. With more computing power per watt and the latest Intel Xeon processors, you can reduce costs while maintaining speed and availability.
Suggested use: database, virtualization, enterprise applications, collaboration/email, streaming media, web, HPC, Microsoft RemoteFX, and cloud applications.
Did you know?
The x3650 M4 offers a flexible, scalable design and simple upgrade path to 16 hard-disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) plus optical and tape drives at the same time, with up to six PCIe Gen 3 slots and up to 768 GB of memory. This flexible onboard Ethernet solution provides four standard embedded Gigabit Ethernet ports and two optional embedded 10 Gb Ethernet ports without occupying PCIe slots. Comprehensive systems management tools with the next-generation Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) make it easy to deploy, integrate, service, and manage.
The x3650 M4 is an outstanding 2U two-socket business-critical server, offering improved performance and pay-as-you grow flexibility along with new features that improve server management capability. This powerful system is designed for your most important business applications and cloud deployments.
Combining balanced performance and flexibility, the x3650 M4 is a great choice for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. It can provide outstanding uptime to keep business-critical applications and cloud deployments running safely. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools make it easy to deploy. Outstanding RAS and high-efficiency design improve your business environment and help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The x3650 M4 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family improves productivity by offering superior system performance with 8-core processors and up to 2.9 GHz core speeds, up to 20 MB of L3 cache, and up to two 8 GT/s QPI interconnect links.
- Up to two processors, 16 cores, and 32 threads maximize the concurrent execution of multi-threaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor TDP.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multi-threaded applications by enabling simultaneous multi-threading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVT) significantly improve floating-point performance for compute-intensive technical and scientific applications compared to Intel Xeon 5600 series processors.
- Twenty-four Load Reduced DIMMs (LRDIMMs) of 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 768 GB (running at 1066 MHz).
- Theoretical maximum memory bandwidth of the Intel Xeon processor E5 family is 51.6 GB/s, which is 60% more than in the previous generation of Intel Xeon processors.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional spinning drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- Up to 16 drive bays, together with internal backup and an optical drive at the same time, provide a flexible and scalable all-in-one platform to meet your increasing demands.
- The server has four integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports and two optional 10 Gb Ethernet ports with mezzanine cards that do not consume PICe slots.
- The server offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by 60% (8 GT/s per link) compared to the previous generation of PCI Express 2.0.
- With Intel Integrated I/O Technology, the PCI Express 3.0 controller is integrated into the Intel Xeon processor E5 family. This integration helps to dramatically reduce I/O latency and increase overall system performance.
Availability and serviceability
The x3650 M4 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server offers memory mirroring and memory rank sparing for redundancy in the event of a non-correctable memory failure.
- Tool-less cover removal provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts, such as CPU, memory, and adapter cards.
- The server offers hot-swap drives, supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- The server has up to two redundant hot-swap power supplies and four hot-swap dual-motor N+N redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- The power source independent light path diagnostics panel and individual light path LEDs quickly lead the technician to failed (or failing) components, which simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) detects when system components (processors, VRMs, memory, HDDs, fans, and power supplies) operate outside of standard thresholds and generates proactive alerts in advance of a possible failure, therefore increasing uptime.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer significantly better reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- Built-in Integrated Management Module Version II (IMM2) continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovering actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics, using Dynamic Systems Analysis (DSA) Preboot, speed up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
- Three-year customer-replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, 9x5 next business day. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the x3650 M4:
- The server includes an Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) to monitor server availability and perform remote management.
- Integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 support enables advanced cryptographic functionality, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- IBM Systems Director is included for proactive systems management. It offers comprehensive systems management tools that help to increase uptime, reduce costs, and improve productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
- Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality can help prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supported operating system.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The x3650 M4 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environment:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- Highly efficient 550 W, 750 W, and 900 W ac power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum certification.
- Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 product family offers significantly better performance over the previous generation while fitting into the same thermal design power (TDP) limits.
- Intel Intelligent Power Capability powers individual processor elements on and off as needed, to reduce power draw.
- Low-voltage Intel Xeon processors draw less energy to satisfy the demands of power and thermally constrained data centers and telecommunication environments.
- Low-voltage 1.35 V DDR3 memory RDIMMs consume 15% less energy compared to 1.5 V DDR3 RDIMMs.
- Solid state drives (SSDs) consume as much as 80% less power than traditional spinning 2.5-inch HDDs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, which is a part of IBM Calibrated Vectored Cooling technology. Hexagonal holes can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager provides advanced data center power notification and management to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.