|Ports & interfaces|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||2|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||2|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Card reader integrated|
|Supported hard disk drive sizes||2.5,3.5"|
|Package weight||11.6 kg|
|Package depth||540 mm|
|Package height||615 mm|
|Package width||327 mm|
|Fan speed||1000 RPM|
|Front fans installed||1x 140 mm|
|Maximum front fans||2|
|Front fans diameters supported||120,140 mm|
|Side fans diameters supported||120,140 mm|
|Rear fans diameters supported||120,140 mm|
|Top fans diameters supported||120,140 mm|
|Bottom fans diameters supported||120,140 mm|
|Maximum side fans||1|
|Maximum rear fans||1|
|Maximum top fans||3|
|Maximum bottom fans||2|
|Rear fans installed||1x 140 mm|
|Liquid cooling capability|
|Rear radiator fan sizes supported||120,140 mm|
|Front radiator fan sizes supported||120,140,240,280,360 mm|
|Top radiator fan sizes supported||120,140,240,280,360,420 mm|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Supported motherboard form factors||ATX,Micro-ATX,Mini-ATX|
|Number of 5.25" bays||2|
|Number of 3.5" bays||8|
|Maximum CPU cooler height||18 cm|
|Maximum graphics card length||44 cm|
|Number of expansion slots||7|
|Maximum PSU length||30 cm|
|Number of 2.5" bays||2|
|Power supply location||Bottom|
|Power supply included|
The Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 Blackout Edition case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned all black Dynamic Series fans.
The Define R5 Blackout Edition was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand.
- Optimally designed for silent computing, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two all-black Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case.
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Highlighting 2 dedicated SSD mounts cleanly placed behind the motherboard tray that feature innovative new brackets delivering a tool-free installation and removal
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5” or 2.5” drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The ODD cage can easily be removed to gain additional interior space; the area can be freed up to allow for increased airflow, to provide a new place for HDD cage mounting or to make more room for water cooling components.
- Sturdy metal HDD trays provide excellent dampening features for the hard drives while providing better airflow through the cage with an updated, more open design
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Define R5 Blackout edition is available with window side panel