|Weight & dimensions|
|Colour of product||Black|
|SSD form factor||2.5"|
|Drive capacity||300 GB|
|Data transfer rate||3 Gbit/s|
|Solid-state drive interface||Serial ATA|
Solid State Drives (SSDs) are fast becoming a real force with respect to storage in the computer industry. With no moving parts, storage is no longer bound by mechanical barriers to higher performance. HP SSDs for workstations offer overall performance typcially beyond that of SAS 15k rpm HDDs (Hard Disk Drives).
- Higher overall performance than 15k HDDs based on random IOPs, sustained reads and sustained writes.
- Lower systems level acoustical emissions than systems with HDDs, especially 15k rpm HDDs.
- More rugged than HDDs with respect to shock and vibration.
- Typical wall power savings relative to a 15k drive is ~10W/drive (based on drive idle power and power supply at 85% efficiency. Active drive power deltas are slightly larger.).
- Lower system maintenance because there is no need to defragment the drive.