MS OPEN-NL EDU Dynamics CRM Limited Single Language SA Device Qualified
In Dynamics CRM v4 a Limited CAL was restricted to read-only access but in Dynamics CRM 2011 the Limited CAL has been expanded to include additional permissions.
For starters, Limited CAL users can now create and amend many of the standard entity records including accounts and leads. This includes permissions to:
- Create: Accounts, Contacts, Cases, Leads and Activities (including custom activities) using Microsoft Dynamics CRM web, Outlook and mobile clients.
- Update: Accounts, Contacts, Cases, Leads and Activities created by any CRM user using Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients. Limited CALs also enable the above record type to be associated (or appended) to another so for example, a Limited CAL enables capability to link an activity with a case or to link a contact to an activity.
- Assign, share & delete: Accounts, Contacts, Cases, Leads and CRM Activities that are created by the same user using Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients.
Further controls is available through an Application Programming Interface to Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality that can be accessed via any application/graphical user interface (GUI) other than the Dynamics CRM client.
These includes permission to:
- Create: custom entity records
- Update: custom entity records that were created by any CRM user
- Append / Associate: custom entity records with other entities (excluding custom activity records) created by any CRM user.
- Assign, share and delete: custom entity records created by the same user