|Number of processors installed||1|
|Processor lithography||22 nm|
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® E3 V3 Family|
|Processor socket||LGA 1150|
|PCI Express slots version||3.0|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Processor boost frequency||3.6 GHz|
|Processor cache||8 MB|
|Number of QPI links||1|
|PCI Express configurations||1x16,2x8,1x8+2x4|
|Processor frequency||3.2 GHz|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||84 W|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||16|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|Processor series||Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3|
|Maximum internal memory supported by processor||32 GB|
|Memory types supported by processor||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speeds supported by processor||1333,1600 MHz|
|Memory bandwidth supported by processor (max)||25.6 GB/s|
|Memory channels supported by processor||Dual|
|ECC supported by processor|
|Conflict Free processor|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory slots||4x DIMM|
|Maximum internal memory||32 GB|
|Memory clock speed||1600 MHz|
|Memory layout (slots x size)||2 x 2 GB|
|Internal memory||4 GB|
|Optical drive type||DVD Super Multi|
|Optical drives quantity||1|
|Ports & interfaces|
|PS/2 ports quantity||2|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||6|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||1|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||4|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Power supply||400 W|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|Drive capacity||500 GB|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM|
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA|
|Total storage capacity||500 GB|
|Number of hard drives installed||1|
|Card reader integrated|
|Energy Star certified|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7|
|Operating system architecture||64-bit|
|Recovery operating system||Windows 8 Pro|
|PCI Express x4 (Gen 2.x) slots||1|
|PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.x) slots||1|
|Chassis type||Mini Tower|
|Colour of product||Black|
|On-board graphics adapter model||Intel HD Graphics P4600|
|Discrete graphics adapter model||Not available|
|On-board graphics adapter|
|On-board graphics adapter base frequency||350 MHz|
|On-board graphics adapter dynamic frequency (max)||1200 MHz|
|Number of displays supported (on-board graphics)||3|
|On-board graphics adapter family||Intel® HD Graphics|
|Processor special features|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX 2.0,SSE4.1,SSE4.2|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)|
|Intel® vPro™ Technology|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||2.0|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology|
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)|
|Intel FDI Technology|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology|
|Intel Fast Memory Access|
|Intel Flex Memory Access|
|Intel® Smart Cache|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology|
|Execute Disable Bit|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)|
|Embedded options available|
|Intel Demand Based Switching|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology|
|Graphics & IMC lithography||22 nm|
|Intel® Secure Key|
|Thermal solution specification||PCG 2013D|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)|
|Intel Clear Video Technology|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Secure Key Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)|
|Intel Stable Image Platform Program (SIPP) version||1.00|
|Intel TSX-NI version||1.00|
|Processor package size||37.5|
|Processor ARK ID||75461|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel C226|
Affordable performance and flexibility, re-defined. Create a totally immersive work environment for those who demand reliability and performance on a budget. Designed for heavy 24x7x365 workloads, the HP Z230 delivers next-generation processor and graphics technologies in a redesigned, compact yet impressively expandable tower.
Windows 8 Pro or other operating systems available
Rock solid reliability, affordably priced
- Designed for heavy 24x7x365 workloads. The affordable HP Z230 Tower Workstation handles the demanding workloads of business applications.
- Gain peace of mind from our extreme test and validation processes with workstations designed for always-on environments.
- Control your environmental impact better than ever1 while lowering your total cost of ownership with a 92% efficient power supply and enhanced system reliability.
- Work smarter with your software tools. This HP workstation has earned a wide range of ISV certifications to deliver better, smarter performance.
Power for now, room to grow
- Grow along with your business. The HP Z230 Tower Workstation is designed to scale and expand, so you can add more storage and connectivity when you need it.
- Complete computing power in a new compact design. HP’s redesigned and more compact workstation is robust and flexible, while freeing up more space for work.
- Spend less time waiting. Speed up data transfers with six available drive bays including a 6,3 cm (2.5'') HD bay for high speed solid state drives.
- Boost your storage performance with RAID, solid state drives, or get the best of both worlds by combining large hard drives with an optional solid state drive as a cache device.
- Optimize this workstation for peak performance. HP Performance Advisor helps you easily configure your system with the best settings designed for specific applications.
Totally immersive. Perfectly productive.
- Power to spare—and share. The latest Intel® Xeon® processors and rich graphics keep up with your work. Plug in and work on up to six displays.
- Enjoy the latest in performance and energy efficiency from Intel’s next generation processor architecture.
- Keep more work front-and-center with support for up to six monitors. Choose between cost-effective integrated graphics and powerful 2D or 3D discrete graphics choices.
- Easily connect your peripherals and devices using the four PCIe slots, one PCI input/output slot, ten external USB ports and the fast charging USB port.
- With HP RGS you can take your graphics intensive workstation applications wherever you go. Collaborate with colleagues around the office or around the world, in real time.